Area of Support
1. Compensation Infrastructure
Designing and articulating your Company’s total
- Complete a discovery of current compensation and incentive offerings by reviewing existing compensation practices, job descriptions, employee data, market data and any analysis completed to date.
- Provide recommendations regarding compensation philosophy and approach considering the business strategy, compensation/HR philosophy and competitive market practice for your industry and stage of growth.
- Create a total rewards philosophy and approach for [Company] considering the organizational culture, vision and values. partner with [Company] to articulate the philosophy to guide future decisions and communications regarding employee experience and rewards.
Create a job level framework
- Create a robust level framework with dimension and criteria
- Develop a systematic process for internally levelling roles within the organization using a consistent set of criteria.
- Using current job documentation and leader input, align and evaluate roles based on framework.
Guide and facilitate your organizational design
Lead organizational structure initiatives with leaders to design structures that meet the needs of the organization and their objectives.
- Design processes and guidelines for completing organizational structure changes specific to the organization’s and/or collective agreement(s) needs.
- Work with HR Business partners and leaders to create formal re-organizational communication practices.
2. Compensation Infrastructure
Competitive market analysis of your compensation offerings
- Complete a discovery of your current compensation offerings by reviewing existing compensation practices, job descriptions, employee data, market data and any analysis completed to date.
- Provide market pay information for positions based on location, industry and revenue size.
- Recommend third-party compensation survey providers based on your competitive landscape, hiring and retention strategy. Match roles to third-party market surveys
- Complete a robust compensation market review (base, bonus and equity) to determine market competitiveness based on role, industry, level, geography etc.
- Prepare and present the summary of findings of market competitiveness.
- Provide recommendations on compensation philosophy and approach considering the business strategy, compensation/HR philosophy and competitive market practice.
- Provide analysis on gender pay within market analysis to flag areas of opportunity or ones that require further analysis.
3. Compensation Design
Create base pay bands
- Develop pay structure design alternatives, target bonus recommendations and discuss design considerations.
- Provide analysis of employee impact and cost of recommendations.
- Propose recommendations for compensation priorities.
Designing short and long-term incentive plans
- Meet with senior leadership to uncover goals, values and vision for the organization.
- Define a plan for incentive design that best aligns organizational needs and culture.
- Define the scope, framework and priorities for incentive plan design.
- Provide market research on incentive targets by job level and role.
- Support senior leadership in defining the criteria, and frequency for evaluating performance. Identifying business targets, thresholds & metrics and individual performance targets, objectives & key results
- Define employee objectives based on business goals, team goals and individual goals.
- Determine rating scale (if applicable).
- Finalize incentive plan(s), metrics, mechanics and targets (%).
3. Job evaluation and job description support
Support with job evaluation requests
- Evaluate roles using our unbiased expertise and experience with job evaluation.
- Provide expert level advice and rationale regarding job evaluation and grade outcome.
- Improve the consistency and accuracy of job evaluation.
- Improve job evaluation response times.
- Recommend efficiencies to the job evaluation process.
- Support the communication of grade results.
- Document job evaluation procedures and processes.
Lead job evaluation projects and initiatives
Create a project plan and identify milestones for successful job evaluation implementation.
- Establish communication touchpoints with stakeholders.
- Provide support in identifying benchmark roles.
- Establish evaluation outcomes for benchmark roles.
- Evaluate all roles utilizing comparator jobs to ensure internal equity.
- Identify the impact of job evaluations on employees.
- Prepare rationales to explain evaluation outcomes.
- Develop job evaluation tools, training and communication.
- Lead communication of job evaluation grade outcomes.
- Recommend a process for ongoing job evaluation requests.
- Develop job evaluation guidelines.
Provide job description support
- Create customized job description templates.
- Develop a job analysis questionnaire (JAQ) to gather role requirements.
- Support leaders in identifying job requirements and writing job descriptions.
- Create a grade matrix to clearly define role requirements and core functions.
- Develop standardized job descriptions for common roles.
We provide total rewards & people advisory and services customized to meet the specific needs of our clients.
COMPENSATION SALARY SURVEYS – Some of our favourites and why
As companies compete for talent, salary surveys provide organizations with data on the pay for jobs in the market. This data allows companies to know if they are paying employees competitively and target a competitive pay position. We recommend purchasing third-party salary survey data that collects data directly from employers of the participating companies. This
Is Your Company Competitive?
How to Create a Comprehensive Compensation Framework to Attract and Retain Talent. As workers consider switching jobs, prioritizing flexibility and other perks, the time is perfect for companies to define a compensation philosophy and framework to guide promotions, hiring, and pay raise decisions. The world of work shifted significantly within the past year, and employee